Every business wants to win back the website visitors who didn’t convert from the first time. Retargeting, or remarketing as it is also known, is one way that companies can re-attract bounced traffic after it leaves their site.
So what is retargeting and why is it important? Retargeting is a very precise type of online advertising that specifically targets visitors who have clicked away from a website before converting. The tool manages this by using cookie-based technology to follow and stay in front of previous site visitors.
Why is retargeting important?
- Retargeting can act as a digital reminder to potential clients of their desire to purchase from your site, hopefully encouraging them to come back to seal the deal.
- Retargeting can be a great way to raise brand awareness in the digital marketplace, keeping your company at the forefront of consumers’ minds.
- Retargeting allows you to focus your advertising spend on clients you know already have some degree of interest. This means a much better ROI.
- Retargeting works well in conjunction with an overall marketing strategy that includes AdWords, content marketing and targeted display.
- Retargeting has evolved to include a number of new and sophisticated options; it can now filter, modify and personalise its performance to tailor make each ad depending on the visitors surfing behaviours.
There are different ways that companies can use retargeting and like many advertising tools, it has its risks and pitfalls. But don’t worry, Action Digital’s team of experts can help you with all your retargeting needs, so get in touch with us today to start targeting those non converting visitors now.